New York News
Suspect sought in Bronx burglary spree
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are trying to track down the man responsible for a string of burglaries in the Fordham section of the Bronx.
Investigators say that in each of the incidents, the suspect enters a first floor apartment through a window and removes property before fleeing.
There have been six burglaries since August, all in the vicinity of Hoffman Street, Lorillard Place and East 188th Street.
All of the victims appear to be students at Fordham's Rose Hill campus.
Police have released a photo of the suspect, who was at an area McDonald's using a credit card stolen from one of the victims.
The individual wanted for questioning is described as being a black male in his 30's, 5'7"-5'9".
Anyone with information in regard to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM.
Tips can also be texted to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, burglary, bronx, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 3 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 57 min ago
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos