New York News
No bomb found at Times Square subway station
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A suitcase that was thought to be suspicious was discovered on the mezzanine level of the Times Square subway station at around 9 p.m. on Sunday.
The subway station had been evacuated, but re-opened just before 11 p.m.
Earlier, trains bypassed the station, and the entrances to the subway were all shut down.
The bomb squad responded to the scene, but no bomb or any other hazardous device was found.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, times square, subway, bomb scare, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 15 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 36 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 51 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 46 min ago
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident 57 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
15 min ago