New York News
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel getting new name Monday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is getting a new name Monday.
The East River crossing that links Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan is being renamed in honor of the late former New York Governor Hugh Carey.
The Brooklyn resident died in 2011.
Carey is credited with helping to rescue New York during the fiscal crisis of the 1970s.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and members of the Carey family will be on hand for the ceremony.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 44 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 46 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 27 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos