New York News
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel getting new name Monday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is getting a new name Monday.
The East River crossing that links Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan is being renamed in honor of the late former New York Governor Hugh Carey.
The Brooklyn resident died in 2011.
Carey is credited with helping to rescue New York during the fiscal crisis of the 1970s.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and members of the Carey family will be on hand for the ceremony.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament 13 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos