New York News
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel getting new name Monday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is getting a new name Monday.
The East River crossing that links Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan is being renamed in honor of the late former New York Governor Hugh Carey.
The Brooklyn resident died in 2011.
Carey is credited with helping to rescue New York during the fiscal crisis of the 1970s.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and members of the Carey family will be on hand for the ceremony.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 38 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile 58 min ago