New York News
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel getting new name Monday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is getting a new name Monday.
The East River crossing that links Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan is being renamed in honor of the late former New York Governor Hugh Carey.
The Brooklyn resident died in 2011.
Carey is credited with helping to rescue New York during the fiscal crisis of the 1970s.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and members of the Carey family will be on hand for the ceremony.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 38 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos