New York News
Brooklyn Battery Tunnel getting new name Monday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is getting a new name Monday.
The East River crossing that links Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan is being renamed in honor of the late former New York Governor Hugh Carey.
The Brooklyn resident died in 2011.
Carey is credited with helping to rescue New York during the fiscal crisis of the 1970s.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and members of the Carey family will be on hand for the ceremony.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 22 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 21 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
20 min ago