New York News
NYPD cop charged in kidnapping/cooking plot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An NYPD officer was charged in a bizarre plan to kidnap his girlfriend, and possibly up to 100 other women, and cook them.
Officer Gilberto Valle has been an NYPD officer for 6 years.
The NYPD has not commented on his arrest, only saying he's been suspended without pay.
Valle is described as quiet by his neighbors, but investigator say he wanted to be a kidnapper and cannibal. He's charged with conspiracy to abduct, torture, rape, cook and eat women. Neighbors say he's lived in a 6th floor apartment for about a year in Forest Hills, Queens.
Prosecutors say he illegally accessed a federal database to create a profile of 100 potential victims.
They say he then planned to sell the information and for $5000, use chloroform to help like-minded buyers kidnap women for themselves.
The criminal complaint details some of the emails to an un-named co-conspirators who wanted to buy a kidnapped woman.
In one interaction, investigators say Valle wrote:
"It is going to be so hard to restrain myself when I knock her out, but I am aspiring to be a professional kidnapper and that's business. But I will really get off on knocking her out, tying up her hands and bare feet and gagging her. Then she will be stuffed into a large piece of luggage and wheeled out to my van."
LINK: READ CRIMINAL COMPLAINT
He had numerous discussions regarding bizarre behavior, but never went through with any of his plans, according to officials.
"The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us," said FBI Acting Assistant Director Mary E. Galligan. "They speak for themselves. It would be an understatement merely to say Valle's own words and actions were shocking."
No one was injured by the officer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, nypd, officer arrested, new york news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 17 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 20 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
20 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos