New York News
NYPD cop charged in kidnapping/cooking plot
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An NYPD officer was charged in a bizarre plan to kidnap his girlfriend, and possibly up to 100 other women, and cook them.
Officer Gilberto Valle has been an NYPD officer for 6 years.
The NYPD has not commented on his arrest, only saying he's been suspended without pay.
Valle is described as quiet by his neighbors, but investigator say he wanted to be a kidnapper and cannibal. He's charged with conspiracy to abduct, torture, rape, cook and eat women. Neighbors say he's lived in a 6th floor apartment for about a year in Forest Hills, Queens.
Prosecutors say he illegally accessed a federal database to create a profile of 100 potential victims.
They say he then planned to sell the information and for $5000, use chloroform to help like-minded buyers kidnap women for themselves.
The criminal complaint details some of the emails to an un-named co-conspirators who wanted to buy a kidnapped woman.
In one interaction, investigators say Valle wrote:
"It is going to be so hard to restrain myself when I knock her out, but I am aspiring to be a professional kidnapper and that's business. But I will really get off on knocking her out, tying up her hands and bare feet and gagging her. Then she will be stuffed into a large piece of luggage and wheeled out to my van."
LINK: READ CRIMINAL COMPLAINT
He had numerous discussions regarding bizarre behavior, but never went through with any of his plans, according to officials.
"The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us," said FBI Acting Assistant Director Mary E. Galligan. "They speak for themselves. It would be an understatement merely to say Valle's own words and actions were shocking."
No one was injured by the officer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, nypd, officer arrested, new york news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
47 min ago