New York News
Museum honors Teddy Roosevelt in new exhibit
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Native New Yorker and former President Theodore Roosevelt is being honored by the museum he helped build.
The Museum of Natural History is unveiling the two-story Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Hall after a year-long restoration.
The exhibit includes animals and artifacts from wilderness areas that Roosevelt preserved through the conservation policies he pioneered.
It opens on Tuesday, the 154th anniversary of Roosevelt's birth.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'