New York News
Gallagher's New York Prime Steakhouse to close
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The sizzle is gone for Gallagher's New York Prime Steakhouse.
The restaurant located at 228 West 52nd Street first opened in 1927, but now, the owners plan to shut the doors in mid-January. Business is proceeding as usual in the meantime.
It is expected that all 92 employees will be let go.
The owners cited economic reasons for the closure.
There's no word on what will happen with the other Gallagher's locations in Newark, Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 46 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 26 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos