New York News
Gallagher's New York Prime Steakhouse to close
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The sizzle is gone for Gallagher's New York Prime Steakhouse.
The restaurant located at 228 West 52nd Street first opened in 1927, but now, the owners plan to shut the doors in mid-January. Business is proceeding as usual in the meantime.
It is expected that all 92 employees will be let go.
The owners cited economic reasons for the closure.
There's no word on what will happen with the other Gallagher's locations in Newark, Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 18 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 8 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos