New York News
Gallagher's New York Prime Steakhouse to close
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The sizzle is gone for Gallagher's New York Prime Steakhouse.
The restaurant located at 228 West 52nd Street first opened in 1927, but now, the owners plan to shut the doors in mid-January. Business is proceeding as usual in the meantime.
It is expected that all 92 employees will be let go.
The owners cited economic reasons for the closure.
There's no word on what will happen with the other Gallagher's locations in Newark, Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon