New York News
Teen wanted for groping jogger in Central Park
NEW YORK -- Police say a woman jogging in New York City's Central Park was confronted by a group of teenagers who asked her for a kiss, and one of them groped her when she rebuffed them.
Police were seeking the accused groper Saturday. He's believed to be about 14.
Police say the 24-year-old woman was running near the northern edge of the park around 8:30 p.m. Friday when five teens approached her seeking a kiss. Officers say one teen then touched her groin and ran off.
Women's safety in the iconic park has been a hot-button subject since an investment banker was raped while running there in 1989. Her ordeal became known as the "Central Park jogger" case.
This September, a man was charged with raping a 73-year-old birdwatcher in the park.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, central park, sex crime, new york news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos