New York News
Teen wanted for groping jogger in Central Park
NEW YORK -- Police say a woman jogging in New York City's Central Park was confronted by a group of teenagers who asked her for a kiss, and one of them groped her when she rebuffed them.
Police were seeking the accused groper Saturday. He's believed to be about 14.
Police say the 24-year-old woman was running near the northern edge of the park around 8:30 p.m. Friday when five teens approached her seeking a kiss. Officers say one teen then touched her groin and ran off.
Women's safety in the iconic park has been a hot-button subject since an investment banker was raped while running there in 1989. Her ordeal became known as the "Central Park jogger" case.
This September, a man was charged with raping a 73-year-old birdwatcher in the park.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, central park, sex crime, new york news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 45 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos