New York News
Police investigating shooting of Bronx teen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a teenage girl in the Bronx Sunday evening.
The incident happened just after 8 p.m., when the 16-year-old was shot near the intersection of Bryant Avenue and Garrison Avenue in the Hunts Point section.
The teen was shot in the chest and taken to Lincoln Hospital, where she is in critical but stable condition.
Police believe the shooting was gang related, but it is unclear if the girl was the intended target.
No arrests were made, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, hunts point, shooting, teen, teenager, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run 24 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect 33 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
52 min ago