New York News
Police investigating shooting of Bronx teen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a teenage girl in the Bronx Sunday evening.
The incident happened just after 8 p.m., when the 16-year-old was shot near the intersection of Bryant Avenue and Garrison Avenue in the Hunts Point section.
The teen was shot in the chest and taken to Lincoln Hospital, where she is in critical but stable condition.
Police believe the shooting was gang related, but it is unclear if the girl was the intended target.
No arrests were made, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, hunts point, shooting, teen, teenager, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos