New York News
Police investigating shooting of Bronx teen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a teenage girl in the Bronx Sunday evening.
The incident happened just after 8 p.m., when the 16-year-old was shot near the intersection of Bryant Avenue and Garrison Avenue in the Hunts Point section.
The teen was shot in the chest and taken to Lincoln Hospital, where she is in critical but stable condition.
Police believe the shooting was gang related, but it is unclear if the girl was the intended target.
No arrests were made, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, hunts point, shooting, teen, teenager, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013