New York News
Police investigating shooting of Bronx teen
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a teenage girl in the Bronx Sunday evening.
The incident happened just after 8 p.m., when the 16-year-old was shot near the intersection of Bryant Avenue and Garrison Avenue in the Hunts Point section.
The teen was shot in the chest and taken to Lincoln Hospital, where she is in critical but stable condition.
Police believe the shooting was gang related, but it is unclear if the girl was the intended target.
No arrests were made, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, hunts point, shooting, teen, teenager, new york news
- Worker trapped in waist-deep mud in Queens trench 13 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb 54 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault 59 min ago
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA