New York News
Man gets 25 to life for Hunter College student's murder
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The man convicted of murdering his ex-girlfriend following a domestic dispute on the Lower East Side will spend 25 years to life in prison.
Raul Barrera pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for fatally stabbing 23-year-old Hunter College student Sarah Coit in her Clinton Street apartment. He was sentenced Tuesday morning.
Barrera was reportedly covered in blood when he surrendered to authorities following the murder.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lower east side, murder, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos