New York News
NYPD: Man sexually abuses kids in Queens laundry room
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD is asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect wanted for a sexual abuse in Queens.
Investigators say the man abused two young children in the laundry room of an apartment building Monday night in Jackson Heights.
The victims, 4- and 9-year-old girls who are neighbors, were assaulted in separate incidents and did not recognize the suspect.
Many parents in this Jackson Heights neighborhood are telling their children to not go outside as a result of the attacks.
They're also keeping an eye out for a man, who seemed to have no idea he was being recorded by security cameras.
A crystal clear image was captured Monday, just after 7 p.m., right after he allegedly sexually assaulted two little girls in the laundry room.
The father of the 9-year-old, whose identity we are not revealing because of the sensitive nature of this case, tells Eyewitness News his daughter was playing in the hallway.
The suspect asked for help, she got closer and he then allegedly swatted her on the bottom.
"'He just tried to hold me like that, tried to hug me,'" the dad said his daughter told him. "Then my daughter said, 'No, don't touch me.' Then he offered her $2. 'Take it, buy some candy.' She said, 'No, I don't want your money.'"
She left, but the man didn't.
Roughly 10 minutes later in the same laundry room, another little girl, a 4-year-old, crossed his path.
She told her mother and police what happened.
"He's telling me, come, come, come here, then I went there, he just put his hand under my pants," the girl said.
Aurea Robles says kids are always playing in the hallway.
"It's 8 o'clock, they run like the dickens," Robles said.
She has a set of keys to the laundry room and says, even though it's suppose to stay open until 9 p.m., she often locks it up at 8.
"Because I'm afraid of the same thing happening, because we have people from the street, they sleep under the stairs too," Robles said.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man between 35 and 45 years old.
He was last seen wearing a blue and white striped zip-up hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information in regards to this sexual abuse is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jackson heights, sex abuse, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos