New York News
Sandy families to get Thanksgiving parade seats
NEW YORK -- About 5,000 bleacher seats along the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route will go to families affected by Superstorm Sandy.
Distribution of the tickets will be coordinated by local elected officials who represent the neighborhoods hardest hit by Sandy.
Macy's will provide transportation to and from the parade.
Macy's and Mayor Michael Bloomberg made the announcement Thursday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, macy's, thanksgiving day parade, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 56 min ago
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather 40 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
37 min ago