New York News
Sandy families to get Thanksgiving parade seats
NEW YORK -- About 5,000 bleacher seats along the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route will go to families affected by Superstorm Sandy.
Distribution of the tickets will be coordinated by local elected officials who represent the neighborhoods hardest hit by Sandy.
Macy's will provide transportation to and from the parade.
Macy's and Mayor Michael Bloomberg made the announcement Thursday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, macy's, thanksgiving day parade, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 27 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
27 min ago