New York News
Woman mugged for iPhone in Central Park
CENTRAL PARK (WABC) -- A teen punched a woman text messaging while walking through Central Park and swiped her phone, police said.
The 42 year old woman was looking at her iPhone when she was attacked at the intersection of West 96th Street and West Drive just after 9 a.m. on Friday.
The victim sustained a bruise to her face, but she declined medical attention.
The teen fled with the phone.
The suspect was described as a black male, about six feet tall, between 13 and 15 years-old, slim and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, central park, mugging, crime, new york news
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning 11 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 21 min ago
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
21 min ago