New York News
Woman mugged for iPhone in Central Park
CENTRAL PARK (WABC) -- A teen punched a woman text messaging while walking through Central Park and swiped her phone, police said.
The 42 year old woman was looking at her iPhone when she was attacked at the intersection of West 96th Street and West Drive just after 9 a.m. on Friday.
The victim sustained a bruise to her face, but she declined medical attention.
The teen fled with the phone.
The suspect was described as a black male, about six feet tall, between 13 and 15 years-old, slim and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, central park, mugging, crime, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site 45 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million 45 min ago
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed 15 min ago
- Ramarley Graham's parents to join rally in Harlem 8 min ago
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos