New York News
Clown at Thanksgiving Day Parade dies
NEW YORK -- A clown suffered a fatal collapse in front of spectators at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
Sixty-seven-year-old Robert Blasetti went into cardiac arrest as he made balloon animals at Sixth Avenue and West 39th Street on Thursday. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Spokesman Orlando Veras said Macy's was "saddened to report" that a parade marcher had suffered a medical emergency. He declined to say whether the man was a Macy's employee.
Also, a civilian New York Police Department worker also became fatally ill during the parade. He suffered an apparent heart attack while hooking up a vehicle to be towed off the parade route at West 57th Street and Sixth Avenue. He also was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, macy's, thanksgiving day parade, thanksgiving, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act