New York News
2 critically hurt in Washington Heights car accident
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Two people are in critical condition after a car accident early Sunday morning in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan.
Authorities say two cars collided at 7:55 a.m., at Broadway and West 160th Street.
One of the vehicles then crashed into a 100-foot long scaffolding, leaving it partially collapsed.
One of the critically injured victims and two others who suffered minor injuries were transported to Harlem Hospital.
The other victim was taken to Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
Emergency crews are working to stabilize the scaffolding.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, washington heights, accident, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 53 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos