New York News
2 critically hurt in Washington Heights car accident
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Two people are in critical condition after a car accident early Sunday morning in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan.
Authorities say two cars collided at 7:55 a.m., at Broadway and West 160th Street.
One of the vehicles then crashed into a 100-foot long scaffolding, leaving it partially collapsed.
One of the critically injured victims and two others who suffered minor injuries were transported to Harlem Hospital.
The other victim was taken to Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
Emergency crews are working to stabilize the scaffolding.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, washington heights, accident, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall