New York News
Firefighters battle 3-alarm fire in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a 3-alarm fire in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan.
The fire began just before 7 p.m. Sunday on the first floor of a mixed-use building on 548 3rd Avenue near 36th street. The fire spread through the duct work of the building to the roof and basement.
The building is four stories - the first floor is commercial, and the second, third and fourth floors are all residential.
128 firefighters with 33 units responded to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, kips bay, fire, new york news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 24 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary