New York News
Firefighters battle 3-alarm fire in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a 3-alarm fire in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan.
The fire began just before 7 p.m. Sunday on the first floor of a mixed-use building on 548 3rd Avenue near 36th street. The fire spread through the duct work of the building to the roof and basement.
The building is four stories - the first floor is commercial, and the second, third and fourth floors are all residential.
128 firefighters with 33 units responded to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, kips bay, fire, new york news
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 28 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 1 min ago
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos