New York News
Firefighters battle 3-alarm fire in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a 3-alarm fire in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan.
The fire began just before 7 p.m. Sunday on the first floor of a mixed-use building on 548 3rd Avenue near 36th street. The fire spread through the duct work of the building to the roof and basement.
The building is four stories - the first floor is commercial, and the second, third and fourth floors are all residential.
128 firefighters with 33 units responded to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, kips bay, fire, new york news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 26 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 57 min ago
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Family loses two in East Harlem explosion
52 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from...
57 min ago