New York News
Firefighters battle 3-alarm fire in Manhattan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Firefighters battled a 3-alarm fire in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan.
The fire began just before 7 p.m. Sunday on the first floor of a mixed-use building on 548 3rd Avenue near 36th street. The fire spread through the duct work of the building to the roof and basement.
The building is four stories - the first floor is commercial, and the second, third and fourth floors are all residential.
128 firefighters with 33 units responded to the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, kips bay, fire, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 23 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
46 min ago