New York News
Limo driver charged in deadly Brooklyn accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A limousine driver who was involved in a deadly accident in Brooklyn has been arrested and charged in the death of a passenger.
Investigators say 50-year-old Yan Krainert was behind the limo with a 53-year-old man when he realized the car was in gear.
He jumped back in to stop the car from rolling, but accidentally hit the gas instead of the brakes.
The passenger was pinned under a second car and later died.
Krainert was charged with vehicular manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and drunk driving.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, midwood, drunk driving, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments