New York News
6 arrested after 105 pounds of cocaine seized
NEW YORK -- New York authorities say six alleged drug traffickers have been indicted in connection with last month's seizure of 105 pounds of cocaine in the Times Square area.
The indictment was announced Monday by city Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget G. Brennan and State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D'Amico.
They say the drugs were found in suitcases on Oct 25. They were in two vehicles in midtown Manhattan, and a concourse area at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Times Square.
They say plane tickets and other evidence indicated members of the group had traveled from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to White Plains, N.Y., with a stop in Orlando, Fla.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, drug arrest, drug bust, times square, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers