New York News
6 arrested after 105 pounds of cocaine seized
NEW YORK -- New York authorities say six alleged drug traffickers have been indicted in connection with last month's seizure of 105 pounds of cocaine in the Times Square area.
The indictment was announced Monday by city Special Narcotics Prosecutor Bridget G. Brennan and State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D'Amico.
They say the drugs were found in suitcases on Oct 25. They were in two vehicles in midtown Manhattan, and a concourse area at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Times Square.
They say plane tickets and other evidence indicated members of the group had traveled from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to White Plains, N.Y., with a stop in Orlando, Fla.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, drug arrest, drug bust, times square, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos