New York News
Winter's Eve festival on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- New York City's largest holiday festival, Winter's Eve, kicked off with a neighborhood tree lighting ceremony.
Eyewitness News anchor Sade Baderinwa, singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega, cast members of Avenue Q, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus, and special guest Laurie Berkner were on hand for the tree lighting ceremony.
It was the 13th annual Winter's Eve at Lincoln Square celebration.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TREE LIGHTING.
After the tree lighting, Winter's Eve continued throughout the evening and featured free entertainment, food tastings, in-store activities and shopping around and about the colorful and vibrant neighborhood.
Stores, restaurants, cultural organizations and public spaces in the district had activities for both children and adults.
At the same time, sidewalks along Broadway from Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle to 68th Street were alive with live music, performers, street musicians, jugglers, stilt-walkers and more, which made for a festive fun-filled stroll through the streets of the Upper West Side.
For more information, please visit WintersEve.org
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, lincoln center, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 58 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
5 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos