New York News
Winter's Eve festival on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- New York City's largest holiday festival, Winter's Eve, kicked off with a neighborhood tree lighting ceremony.
Eyewitness News anchor Sade Baderinwa, singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega, cast members of Avenue Q, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus, and special guest Laurie Berkner were on hand for the tree lighting ceremony.
It was the 13th annual Winter's Eve at Lincoln Square celebration.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TREE LIGHTING.
After the tree lighting, Winter's Eve continued throughout the evening and featured free entertainment, food tastings, in-store activities and shopping around and about the colorful and vibrant neighborhood.
Stores, restaurants, cultural organizations and public spaces in the district had activities for both children and adults.
At the same time, sidewalks along Broadway from Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle to 68th Street were alive with live music, performers, street musicians, jugglers, stilt-walkers and more, which made for a festive fun-filled stroll through the streets of the Upper West Side.
For more information, please visit WintersEve.org
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, lincoln center, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 14 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 2 min ago
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Where is Charles Butler?
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars 8 min ago
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals 9 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- 51 people confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos