New York News
Winter's Eve festival on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- New York City's largest holiday festival, Winter's Eve, kicked off with a neighborhood tree lighting ceremony.
Eyewitness News anchor Sade Baderinwa, singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega, cast members of Avenue Q, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus, and special guest Laurie Berkner were on hand for the tree lighting ceremony.
It was the 13th annual Winter's Eve at Lincoln Square celebration.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TREE LIGHTING.
After the tree lighting, Winter's Eve continued throughout the evening and featured free entertainment, food tastings, in-store activities and shopping around and about the colorful and vibrant neighborhood.
Stores, restaurants, cultural organizations and public spaces in the district had activities for both children and adults.
At the same time, sidewalks along Broadway from Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle to 68th Street were alive with live music, performers, street musicians, jugglers, stilt-walkers and more, which made for a festive fun-filled stroll through the streets of the Upper West Side.
For more information, please visit WintersEve.org
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, lincoln center, new york news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 6 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 6 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- Snow coming down in New York City 22 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 38 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Snow coming down in New York City
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos