New York News
Winter's Eve festival on the Upper West Side
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- New York City's largest holiday festival, Winter's Eve, kicked off with a neighborhood tree lighting ceremony.
Eyewitness News anchor Sade Baderinwa, singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega, cast members of Avenue Q, the Brooklyn Youth Chorus, and special guest Laurie Berkner were on hand for the tree lighting ceremony.
It was the 13th annual Winter's Eve at Lincoln Square celebration.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TREE LIGHTING.
After the tree lighting, Winter's Eve continued throughout the evening and featured free entertainment, food tastings, in-store activities and shopping around and about the colorful and vibrant neighborhood.
Stores, restaurants, cultural organizations and public spaces in the district had activities for both children and adults.
At the same time, sidewalks along Broadway from Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle to 68th Street were alive with live music, performers, street musicians, jugglers, stilt-walkers and more, which made for a festive fun-filled stroll through the streets of the Upper West Side.
For more information, please visit WintersEve.org
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, lincoln center, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 53 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday