New York News
Young child injured in Queens crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A crash left a 1-year-old child critically injured in the Woodhaven section of Queens.
Police responded to the intersection of 102nd Street and 92nd Avenue just before 2 p.m.
The child was taken to Jamaica Hospital. Authorities say the child was listed in critical condition on Monday evening.
According to a spokesman for Jacobi Medical Center, the infant is being moved to Cohen Children's Medical Center in New Hyde Park, a pediatric trauma center.
Witnesses on the scene said the child flew from the back of a minivan to the front of the vehicle in the accident.
More details about the accident were not immediately released.
No other injuries were reported.
Police did not expect to file any charges, authorities said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 14 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 18 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 5 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 15 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
9 min ago