New York News
Young child injured in Queens crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A crash left a 1-year-old child critically injured in the Woodhaven section of Queens.
Police responded to the intersection of 102nd Street and 92nd Avenue just before 2 p.m.
The child was taken to Jamaica Hospital. Authorities say the child was listed in critical condition on Monday evening.
According to a spokesman for Jacobi Medical Center, the infant is being moved to Cohen Children's Medical Center in New Hyde Park, a pediatric trauma center.
Witnesses on the scene said the child flew from the back of a minivan to the front of the vehicle in the accident.
More details about the accident were not immediately released.
No other injuries were reported.
Police did not expect to file any charges, authorities said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 5 kids being questioned in Central Park robberies, assault 11 min ago
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 25 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos