New York News
Young child injured in Queens crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A crash left a 1-year-old child critically injured in the Woodhaven section of Queens.
Police responded to the intersection of 102nd Street and 92nd Avenue just before 2 p.m.
The child was taken to Jamaica Hospital. Authorities say the child was listed in critical condition on Monday evening.
According to a spokesman for Jacobi Medical Center, the infant is being moved to Cohen Children's Medical Center in New Hyde Park, a pediatric trauma center.
Witnesses on the scene said the child flew from the back of a minivan to the front of the vehicle in the accident.
More details about the accident were not immediately released.
No other injuries were reported.
Police did not expect to file any charges, authorities said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos