New York News
Young child injured in Queens crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A crash left a 1-year-old child critically injured in the Woodhaven section of Queens.
Police responded to the intersection of 102nd Street and 92nd Avenue just before 2 p.m.
The child was taken to Jamaica Hospital. Authorities say the child was listed in critical condition on Monday evening.
According to a spokesman for Jacobi Medical Center, the infant is being moved to Cohen Children's Medical Center in New Hyde Park, a pediatric trauma center.
Witnesses on the scene said the child flew from the back of a minivan to the front of the vehicle in the accident.
More details about the accident were not immediately released.
No other injuries were reported.
Police did not expect to file any charges, authorities said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 2 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 2 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders 52 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos