New York News
Young child injured in Queens crash
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A crash left a 1-year-old child critically injured in the Woodhaven section of Queens.
Police responded to the intersection of 102nd Street and 92nd Avenue just before 2 p.m.
The child was taken to Jamaica Hospital. Authorities say the child was listed in critical condition on Monday evening.
According to a spokesman for Jacobi Medical Center, the infant is being moved to Cohen Children's Medical Center in New Hyde Park, a pediatric trauma center.
Witnesses on the scene said the child flew from the back of a minivan to the front of the vehicle in the accident.
More details about the accident were not immediately released.
No other injuries were reported.
Police did not expect to file any charges, authorities said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 31 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured 47 min ago
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles 34 min ago
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 50 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
31 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos