New York News
Lindsay Lohan arrested in NY, faces Calif. charges
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Problems mounted for Lindsay Lohan, who was arrested on assault charges at Club Avenue in Chelsea, and then charged in California over a car crash earlier this year.
Lohan was charged with third-degree assault after the fight at Club Avenue on 10th Avenue around 4 a.m.
She was taken to the local police precinct, where she was processed. She received a desk appearance ticket, which means she will be arraigned at a later date. She left the courtroom just after 7:30 a.m., her face covered in a jacket as security led her to a waiting car.
Lohan allegedly struck a woman in the face during a dispute that escalated. Her accuser, a 28-year-old woman from West Palm Beach, Florida, was also in the 10th Precinct, did not require medical attention and was not expected to be charged.
Authorities say Lohan was sitting at a booth, with her entourage, next to the alleged victim. Sources say they engaged in a war of words as each tried to one-up the other, which eventually turned violent.
Lohan is a regular at the club, which reportedly banned her earlier this year following an incident in which she tweeted about Justin Timberlake.
Adding to Lohan's problems, she is being charged with three misdemeanors for lying to Santa Monica, Calif., police about a June traffic accident in June on the Pacific Coast Highway. The charges revolve around whether Lohan was the passenger in the car, but it is possible she was actually the driver. Police found evidence she was the driver.
The Santa Monica charges are likely a revocation of Lohan's parole in connection with a conviction for shoplifting from a jewelry store in Venice.
Lohan was also arrested in September at another nightclub in the Dream Hotel. In that incident, a pedestrian claimed Lohan hit her with her car and did not stop. The Manhattan District Attorney's Office declined to prosecute the case.
In late September Lohan was also involved in a hotel-room quarrel that began over a set of cell phone photos allegedly taken by a part time Congressional aide. After Lohan claimed the aide, Christian LaBella, had assaulted her, he was arrested, but the misdemeanor charges against him were later dropped.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace from a jewelry store without permission last year. That means she doesn't have to check in with a judge or probation officer, but could face a jail term if arrested again.
On Sunday Lohan's Lifetime film "Liz & Dick," in which she portrays Elizabeth Taylor, premiered, and was watched by a soft 3.5 million viewers. The film was positioned as the actress' comeback following years of trouble with the law.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lindsay lohan, chelsea, new york news
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
18 min ago