New York News
3 kids, including 2 infants, among 10 hurt in Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three children are recovering Friday after a big scare in the Bronx.
The kids, including two infants, were among the 10 people treated following a fire that broke out just after 7:30 p.m. Thursday inside a laundry room at an apartment building on Longstreet Avenue in Throgs Neck.
The fire reportedly sparked due to an enormous amount of lint that accumulated over time in the dryers in the room.
The flames burned through the laundry room and spewed smoke throught the entire building and to the upper floors.
The victims were rushed to Jacobi and Montefiore medical centers.
The children, two of them younger than six months, were initially listed in critical condition with severe smoke inhalation. But they were stabilized at the hospital and expected to be treated and released.
Two adults also sustained serious injuries but were stabilized. The other five were treated for minor injuries.
Firefighters quickly got the blaze under control in less than a half hour.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, throgs neck, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 6 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders 23 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos