New York News
3 kids, including 2 infants, among 10 hurt in Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three children are recovering Friday after a big scare in the Bronx.
The kids, including two infants, were among the 10 people treated following a fire that broke out just after 7:30 p.m. Thursday inside a laundry room at an apartment building on Longstreet Avenue in Throgs Neck.
The fire reportedly sparked due to an enormous amount of lint that accumulated over time in the dryers in the room.
The flames burned through the laundry room and spewed smoke throught the entire building and to the upper floors.
The victims were rushed to Jacobi and Montefiore medical centers.
The children, two of them younger than six months, were initially listed in critical condition with severe smoke inhalation. But they were stabilized at the hospital and expected to be treated and released.
Two adults also sustained serious injuries but were stabilized. The other five were treated for minor injuries.
Firefighters quickly got the blaze under control in less than a half hour.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, throgs neck, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 13 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
46 min ago