New York News
Toll collection resumes on bridges after Sandy
NEW YORK -- Toll collections will resume at two bridges in the storm-damaged Rockaways section of Queens.
The MTA says tolls will be collected starting 12:01 tomorrow morning at the Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge and the Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge.
Governor Andrew Cuomo suspended the tolls on November 4th.
The loss of train service after Superstorm Sandy made it hard for residents to get back and forth.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, hurricane sandy, new york news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 31 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
31 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos