New York News
Toll collection resumes on bridges after Sandy
NEW YORK -- Toll collections will resume at two bridges in the storm-damaged Rockaways section of Queens.
The MTA says tolls will be collected starting 12:01 tomorrow morning at the Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge and the Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge.
Governor Andrew Cuomo suspended the tolls on November 4th.
The loss of train service after Superstorm Sandy made it hard for residents to get back and forth.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, hurricane sandy, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 28 min ago
- President Obama holds end of year news conference 11 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 7 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos