New York News
Brooklyn couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
NEW YORK -- Police say a husband and wife have been found dead in an apparent murder-suicide in their Brooklyn home.
The New York Police Department said Elsie and Peter Jones' bodies were discovered around 11:30 a.m. Friday in their home on St. Jude Place, in the Canarsie neighborhood. Each had been shot in the head.
Investigators believe the 53-year-old husband killed his 39-year-old wife and then himself.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/SlLnTx ) reports that he drove a commuter van, while she worked at the pharmaceutical company Pfizer for 17 years.
Friends and relatives tell the newspaper the two had been married since 1999 and have an 8-year-old son, but their union had soured.
The wife's sister, Rachelle Thevenin, says Elsie Jones was trying to get a divorce.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, murder suicide, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ