New York News
Brooklyn couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
NEW YORK -- Police say a husband and wife have been found dead in an apparent murder-suicide in their Brooklyn home.
The New York Police Department said Elsie and Peter Jones' bodies were discovered around 11:30 a.m. Friday in their home on St. Jude Place, in the Canarsie neighborhood. Each had been shot in the head.
Investigators believe the 53-year-old husband killed his 39-year-old wife and then himself.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/SlLnTx ) reports that he drove a commuter van, while she worked at the pharmaceutical company Pfizer for 17 years.
Friends and relatives tell the newspaper the two had been married since 1999 and have an 8-year-old son, but their union had soured.
The wife's sister, Rachelle Thevenin, says Elsie Jones was trying to get a divorce.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, murder suicide, new york news
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 44 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 2 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest