New York News
Woman found dead in home, husband in custody
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A husband has been taken into custody in connection with the murder of his wife, who was found dead inside their Staten Island home early Sunday.
Police responded to the Beechwood Place residence shortly before 2:30 a.m. Sunday after a 911 call came in.
They found the 42-year-old, identified as Jodi Surinaga, inside the home. Jodi had severe trauma to the head and was unconscious when police arrived.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's husband, Gregory Surinagawas taken into custody. Police are still investigating the incident and no charges have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, murder, new york news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members 26 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 40 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 14 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 55 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos