New York News
Woman found dead in home, husband in custody
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A husband has been taken into custody in connection with the murder of his wife, who was found dead inside their Staten Island home early Sunday.
Police responded to the Beechwood Place residence shortly before 2:30 a.m. Sunday after a 911 call came in.
They found the 42-year-old, identified as Jodi Surinaga, inside the home. Jodi had severe trauma to the head and was unconscious when police arrived.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's husband, Gregory Surinagawas taken into custody. Police are still investigating the incident and no charges have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, murder, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos