New York News
Woman found dead in home, husband in custody
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A husband has been taken into custody in connection with the murder of his wife, who was found dead inside their Staten Island home early Sunday.
Police responded to the Beechwood Place residence shortly before 2:30 a.m. Sunday after a 911 call came in.
They found the 42-year-old, identified as Jodi Surinaga, inside the home. Jodi had severe trauma to the head and was unconscious when police arrived.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's husband, Gregory Surinagawas taken into custody. Police are still investigating the incident and no charges have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, murder, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos