New York News
Woman found dead in home, husband in custody
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A husband has been taken into custody in connection with the murder of his wife, who was found dead inside their Staten Island home early Sunday.
Police responded to the Beechwood Place residence shortly before 2:30 a.m. Sunday after a 911 call came in.
They found the 42-year-old, identified as Jodi Surinaga, inside the home. Jodi had severe trauma to the head and was unconscious when police arrived.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's husband, Gregory Surinagawas taken into custody. Police are still investigating the incident and no charges have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, murder, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act