New York News
Displaced Sandy pets up for adoption
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There was a search for happy endings on Sunday for some of the animals that were displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
The annual "Whiskers in Wonderland" adoption event was held across Manhattan.
More than three hundred cats, kittens and rabbits were available in five Petco stores.
This year there were several animals that lost their homes or their families during the storms.
There are also lots of animals that need homes. CLICK HERE to find out a list of shelters with pets available for adoption.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hurricane, hurricane sandy, dogs, cat, new york news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 50 min ago
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos