New York News
NYPD hunting for suspect in kidnapping, torture
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search is on for a woman who, along with three others, allegedly kidnapped, tortured and robbed a couple in the Bronx.
Police say 35-year-old Lisa Hylton and three men ambushed the 49-year-old victim outside her Eastchester apartment on September 2 and dragged her into her home.
Authorities say the crooks then beat the woman and bound her with duct tape.
When the victim's boyfriend arrived two days later, the men allegedly taped him up, stabbed him and pistol-whipped him.
Then they dragged the boyfriend to his apartment, where police say the thieves stole jewelry, electronic equipment and cash.
Last month, police arrested Trevor Cole, Dominique Jean-Phillipe and Jeremy Acevedo, all from Mount Vernon.
But Hylton is still on the run, and anyone with information in regards to this kidnapping/robbery or the whereabouts of the wanted suspect is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
Hylton is described as a 35-year-old black woman, approximately 5-foot-7 and weighting 150 pounds.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, kidnapping, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation