New York News
Teacher accused of sexual misconduct with teen girl
NEW YORK -- A New York City teacher has been charged with sexual misconduct involving a teenage girl.
Police say 33-year-old Urszula Jankowska was arrested on Monday. She was charged with criminal sex act, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child.
It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.
Police said the alleged sexual misconduct occurred at various locations over the course of several weeks in the fall of 2011.
The Department of Education said Jankowska was immediately removed from the school following the allegations of sexual misconduct with a student. The victim's age was not released.
The DOE said Jankowska was an English teacher at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design.
The investigation is continuing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 6 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 8 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Body found near home of Patriots' Aaron Hernandez was homicide... 21 min ago
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos