New York News
Teacher accused of sexual misconduct with teen girl
NEW YORK -- A New York City teacher has been charged with sexual misconduct involving a teenage girl.
Police say 33-year-old Urszula Jankowska was arrested on Monday. She was charged with criminal sex act, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child.
It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.
Police said the alleged sexual misconduct occurred at various locations over the course of several weeks in the fall of 2011.
The Department of Education said Jankowska was immediately removed from the school following the allegations of sexual misconduct with a student. The victim's age was not released.
The DOE said Jankowska was an English teacher at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design.
The investigation is continuing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera