New York News
Teacher accused of sexual misconduct with teen girl
NEW YORK -- A New York City teacher has been charged with sexual misconduct involving a teenage girl.
Police say 33-year-old Urszula Jankowska was arrested on Monday. She was charged with criminal sex act, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child.
It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.
Police said the alleged sexual misconduct occurred at various locations over the course of several weeks in the fall of 2011.
The Department of Education said Jankowska was immediately removed from the school following the allegations of sexual misconduct with a student. The victim's age was not released.
The DOE said Jankowska was an English teacher at Williamsburg High School for Architecture and Design.
The investigation is continuing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Police searching for missing Rider U student 36 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 45 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books