New York News
Worker killed when AC unit breaks loose from crane
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a New Jersey construction worker was killed in the Bronx when an industrial-sized air conditioner being hoisted by a crane onto the roof of a hospital broke loose and fell on top of him.
The incident took place just before 11 a.m. outside Bronx-Lebanon Hospital on Grand Concourse and 173rd Street in the Highbridge section of the Bronx.
The worker - identified as 38-year-old Tristan Mananghaya, of Jersey City, - was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Witnesses say the worker was guiding the crane operator when he was hit by the 40-foot-long AC unit.
The accident is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, grand concourse, new york news
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos