New York News
4 hurt in Upper West Side stabbing near Central Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- At least one person was stabbed on the Upper West Side Wednesday morning in an apparent domestic dispute.
The woman was being treated for a slash wound on her arm at the scene on West 103rd Street and Central Park West.
She was taken to St. Luke's Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
According to police, the alleged attacker and the woman knew each other and had a 4-year-old child who witnessed the attack. They are both Hispanic and 30-years-old.
The incident happened in the Great Hills Section of Central Park on West 103rd. The child was unharmed, police confirmed.
Three NYPD officers also sustained minor injuries, whild trying to apprehend the suspect. All three officers went to N.Y. Cornell and are in stable condition.
According to police, he hasn't been charged and they are waiting for psychological evaluation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- Missing plane may have turned back 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 24 min ago
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt 45 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Missing plane may have turned back
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
41 min ago