New York News
4 hurt in Upper West Side stabbing near Central Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- At least one person was stabbed on the Upper West Side Wednesday morning in an apparent domestic dispute.
The woman was being treated for a slash wound on her arm at the scene on West 103rd Street and Central Park West.
She was taken to St. Luke's Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
According to police, the alleged attacker and the woman knew each other and had a 4-year-old child who witnessed the attack. They are both Hispanic and 30-years-old.
The incident happened in the Great Hills Section of Central Park on West 103rd. The child was unharmed, police confirmed.
Three NYPD officers also sustained minor injuries, whild trying to apprehend the suspect. All three officers went to N.Y. Cornell and are in stable condition.
According to police, he hasn't been charged and they are waiting for psychological evaluation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 55 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013