New York News
4 hurt in Upper West Side stabbing near Central Park
NEW YORK (WABC) -- At least one person was stabbed on the Upper West Side Wednesday morning in an apparent domestic dispute.
The woman was being treated for a slash wound on her arm at the scene on West 103rd Street and Central Park West.
She was taken to St. Luke's Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
According to police, the alleged attacker and the woman knew each other and had a 4-year-old child who witnessed the attack. They are both Hispanic and 30-years-old.
The incident happened in the Great Hills Section of Central Park on West 103rd. The child was unharmed, police confirmed.
Three NYPD officers also sustained minor injuries, whild trying to apprehend the suspect. All three officers went to N.Y. Cornell and are in stable condition.
According to police, he hasn't been charged and they are waiting for psychological evaluation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, stabbing, new york news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 14 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 18 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 5 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 15 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
9 min ago