New York News
Suspect arrested in vicious elevator attack
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Investigators have arrested 33-year-old Freddie Keitt who police say not only robbed 75-year-old Yvonne Sherwell but three other women as well, all of them inside an elevator.
Sherwell arrived at the Manhattan robbery squad on Wednesday afternoon to pick out from a police line-up the man who robbed her last Saturday night.
The attack was captured on the surveillance camera inside her apartment building elevator.
"Just to look at them inspires fear," Sherwell said.
The most recent robbery happened in Gramercy Park on Sunday. A camera again captured a picture of the suspect, Freddie Keit. In that case, police say he used a gun to steal a 22-year-old woman's purse.
Police say Keit also used a gun in robberies in the East Village and Far Rockaway.
All four victims were at the police line-up.
As for Yvonne Sherwell, the former actress and dancer showed us the new warning device she now carries to protect her from harm - a whistle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, greenwich village, assault, robbery, new york news, joe torres
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ