New York News
Man with 26 stun guns arrested at JFK Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police arrested a Bronx man at John F. Kennedy International Airport after TSA agents found more than two dozen stun guns in a suitcase.
Authorities say the man was trying to board a flight to the Dominican Republic when he was arrested on Friday.
Stun guns are illegal in New York, except for law enforcement officers.
The tasers were found in the man's checked luggage, and TSA officers notified Port Authority police, which made the arrest.
Passengers are reminded that they are responsible for items in their baggage.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, jfk international airport, arrest, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83