New York News
Mother murdered outside Brooklyn hospital
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Who killed a young mother as she left a hospital early Tuesday morning? That is the question that NYPD is trying to answer.
Police say 32-year-old Shalema Gaskin was killed behind Brookdale Hospital at the corner of Hegeman Avenue and East 98th Street in the Brownsville section just after 3 a.m.
Gaskin was shot in the neck. She was taken back into the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say Gaskin had taken her 8-year-old child to the hospital after the child had an asthma attack Monday night.
Detectives were looking into who knew she went to the hospital, but at this point they have no suspects and no apparent motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, shooting, murder, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 41 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 39 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
28 min ago