New York News
Mother murdered outside Brooklyn hospital
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Who killed a young mother as she left a hospital early Tuesday morning? That is the question that NYPD is trying to answer.
Police say 32-year-old Shalema Gaskin was killed behind Brookdale Hospital at the corner of Hegeman Avenue and East 98th Street in the Brownsville section just after 3 a.m.
Gaskin was shot in the neck. She was taken back into the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say Gaskin had taken her 8-year-old child to the hospital after the child had an asthma attack Monday night.
Detectives were looking into who knew she went to the hospital, but at this point they have no suspects and no apparent motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, shooting, murder, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 23 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase