New York News
Mother murdered outside Brooklyn hospital
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Who killed a young mother as she left a hospital early Tuesday morning? That is the question that NYPD is trying to answer.
Police say 32-year-old Shalema Gaskin was killed behind Brookdale Hospital at the corner of Hegeman Avenue and East 98th Street in the Brownsville section just after 3 a.m.
Gaskin was shot in the neck. She was taken back into the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say Gaskin had taken her 8-year-old child to the hospital after the child had an asthma attack Monday night.
Detectives were looking into who knew she went to the hospital, but at this point they have no suspects and no apparent motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, shooting, murder, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos