New York News
Mother murdered outside Brooklyn hospital
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Who killed a young mother as she left a hospital early Tuesday morning? That is the question that NYPD is trying to answer.
Police say 32-year-old Shalema Gaskin was killed behind Brookdale Hospital at the corner of Hegeman Avenue and East 98th Street in the Brownsville section just after 3 a.m.
Gaskin was shot in the neck. She was taken back into the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say Gaskin had taken her 8-year-old child to the hospital after the child had an asthma attack Monday night.
Detectives were looking into who knew she went to the hospital, but at this point they have no suspects and no apparent motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, shooting, murder, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013