New York News
Mother murdered outside Brooklyn hospital
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Who killed a young mother as she left a hospital early Tuesday morning? That is the question that NYPD is trying to answer.
Police say 32-year-old Shalema Gaskin was killed behind Brookdale Hospital at the corner of Hegeman Avenue and East 98th Street in the Brownsville section just after 3 a.m.
Gaskin was shot in the neck. She was taken back into the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Authorities say Gaskin had taken her 8-year-old child to the hospital after the child had an asthma attack Monday night.
Detectives were looking into who knew she went to the hospital, but at this point they have no suspects and no apparent motive.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, shooting, murder, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy 30 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 43 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 40 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo 18 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos