New York News
NYPD officer struck, dragged by cab in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are searching for a livery cab driver who struck a New York City police officer and dragged him through Times Square.
Authorities say the uniformed NYPD officer stopped the black car as it tried to pick up an illegal street fare near the Bubba Gump Shrimp restaurant on Seventh Avenue.
They say the driver suddenly sped off as the officer clutched the car window.
Eyewitnesses say he was dragged for half a block.
He is being treated for minor neck and back injuries.
The driver fled the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, nypd, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State 28 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen