New York News
Police look for suspect in Upper West Side sex assault
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The NYPD has released video of a man suspected in a sexual assault on the Upper West Side.
The incident happened at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday inside the 27-year-old victim's building.
Authorities say the suspect, described as a 6-foot tall Hispanic man weighing 170 pounds, followed the woman into the building. He then forced her into an elevator, where he attacked and sexually assaulted her.
Police say the man ran off when the elevator doors opened.
He was last seen wearing a gray shirt, a brown beaded necklace, blue jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, upper west side, sexual assault, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos