New York News
Shooting near subway station on Lower East Side
LOWER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- Police are looking for the gunman who wounded a man near the entrance to the F train station on the Lower East Side.
The shooting happened just after 3:00 p.m.
Authorities said a man was shot in the back near the intersection of Madison and Rutgers Streets, which is near an entrance to the F train station at East Broadway.
The victim was taken to NY Downtown Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The MTA did get a report of an armed man on an F train at that station, but a search did not lead to the suspect. The gunman remained at large.
MTA service was not impacted.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lower east side, crime, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos