New York News
R train service to resume Friday after Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Non-stop repair work is finally getting the R train back on track between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Starting this Friday, the MTA will start running R trains again, through the Montague Street tunnel.
That tunnel has been out of commission since being flooded by Hurricane Sandy.
It has taken seven weeks to restore the signals and other essentials that were damaged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, brooklyn, subway work, subway, hurricane sandy, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade 13 min ago
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 12 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea declares independence after vote 3 min ago
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
12 min ago