New York News
R train service to resume Friday after Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Non-stop repair work is finally getting the R train back on track between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Starting this Friday, the MTA will start running R trains again, through the Montague Street tunnel.
That tunnel has been out of commission since being flooded by Hurricane Sandy.
It has taken seven weeks to restore the signals and other essentials that were damaged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, brooklyn, subway work, subway, hurricane sandy, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 29 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 38 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 13 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 32 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
29 min ago