New York News
R train service to resume Friday after Sandy
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Non-stop repair work is finally getting the R train back on track between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Starting this Friday, the MTA will start running R trains again, through the Montague Street tunnel.
That tunnel has been out of commission since being flooded by Hurricane Sandy.
It has taken seven weeks to restore the signals and other essentials that were damaged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, brooklyn, subway work, subway, hurricane sandy, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 22 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 22 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
48 min ago