New York News
Homeless man indicted in subway push death
NEW YORK -- A Manhattan grand jury has indicted a homeless man accused of pushing another man to his death in front of an oncoming New York City subway train.
The suspect, 30-year-old Naeem Davis, has been charged with the murder of 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han, of Queens. The indictment was announced at a court hearing on Tuesday.
Police say Davis watched the train strike Han before leaving the subway station near Times Square.
Davis has admitted to shoving Han, but says the victim had earlier grabbed his arm and threatened him. He told the New York Post in a jailhouse interview that he was coaxed into shoving Han by voices in his head that he didn't control.
Davis is being held without bail and must return to court on Jan. 15.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, subway crime, new york news
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man dies in scuffle with police outside Bronx bodega
- Woman thrown from motorcycle, hit by cab on Belt
- 3 slashed during disupte in Morningside Heights
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos